Come join us on the river!
Neal Cook and his crew have been bringing you river adventures since 2003. We are located just 15 minutes east of Austin in downtown Webberville, but it will seem like you are in a different world. Come experience the peace of the Colorado River.
Cook’s Canoes offers several spectacular trips on the Lower Colorado River between Austin and Bastrop, a distance of about 50 miles. Our most popular trip is the easy 5-mile run between Little Webberville Park and Big Webberville Park, each with a concrete boat ramp for easy put-in and take-out.
We rent tandem canoes (can hold up to three people) and solo sit-on-top kayaks, as well as providing shuttle services for personal boats. Rental rates for trips between Little Webberville Park and Big Webberville Park are $50 per day/per canoe and $35.00 per day per sit-on-top kayak. Rental rates for overnight trips are $65.00 per canoe, or $45.00 per kayak. Please call Cook’s Canoes for rates on other trips and personal boat shuttles. 512-276-7767
Rental rates include canoes or kayaks, PFDs (lifejackets), paddles and shuttles (additional shuttle fees may apply to trips other than our standard 5-mile trip between the two parks in Webberville).
Discover this peaceful treasure that’s hidden just halfway between Austin and Bastrop. Enjoy an afternoon of fishing, bird-watching or sunbathing on sandy beaches. Have a picnic, play your guitar or even spend a night or two camping out on your very own island.
Let Cook’s canoes introduce you to the magic of paddling the historic Colorado River where legends like Stephen F. Austin, Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett, William Travis and so many other Texas heroes once roamed.
For a Better Trip
- Always begin with your PFD securely fastened. Children 13 years of age or under MUST wear a PFD at all times when in a boat (federal and state law);
- Wear shoes that are tied to your feet, and that you don’t mind getting wet or muddy;
- Bring a non-styrofoam cooler with plenty of beverages and food or snacks;
- Have an extra change of clothing in your car for the ride home;
- Strap everything into the boat, and double protect your cellphones and cameras inside Zip-Lock bags or drybags;
- DON’T FIGHT THE WIND! Just go with the flow.
Send Us a Message
Check us out on Facebook or Instagram
Copyright Cook’s Canoes – All rights reserved